Whether an audience member, volunteer, organization, theatre professional, youth participant, parent, or theatre enthusiast, WE NEED YOU!
Premiere the Play – the Podcast – submissions now open for our 2024 Season!
“Premiere the Play” is a podcast featuring audio performances of new stage plays. The podcast can be found on all major podcast platforms.
Submissions are now open for our fourth season, coming in 2024!
DEADLINE: Monday, January 16th, 2022.
Entry Fee: None!
· Our goal is to fill our season with diversity, so all topics, time periods, cultures, etc. are welcome.
· English, however, must be the primary language.
· The play must be an unproduced STAGE play (not radio play, screen play, or zoom play).
· The play should run no less than 30 mins and no more than 2 hours.
· Maximum cast size of 6.
· No musicals... yet...
· All outside elements (songs, other writer's works, etc.) used in the play must be in the public domain and not under copyright.
· Stage directions that provide essential information will be included in the final episode, so they must be clean and clear.
· Only one play may be submitted per playwright for each submission call period.
The plays will be chosen on a BLIND BASIS: All identifying information about the playwright will be removed before the play is distributed to our Play Selection Committee, thus ensuring that the plays are chosen based on the work itself and not the gender, race, age, etc. of the playwright.
Once chosen, each play will be cast, rehearsed, and recorded. The recordings will only be used on the podcast and for promotional purposes. Playwrights will be compensated 4% of net profits from the episode of their play.
As a theatre company with youth programs, our goal is for at least 50% of the season to not include explicit language.
To submit, email the following to email@example.com:
· The complete script (.pdf or .doc only, please) with the playwright’s identifying information only on the title page
· A full Character Breakdown
· A synopsis
· The playwright’s name, address, email address, and phone number (won’t be seen by the Selection Committee)
Volunteers are essential to our success, and we are always looking for wonderful volunteers to help in various capacities, including:
If you are interested in volunteering, please Contact Us, and we'll be in touch to find the best opportunity for YOU!
Auditions for Premiere the Play are run through Actors Access.
We are looking to fill the following positions:
-No current positions open-
High School Student Volunteers:
High school students interested in theatre and gaining community service hours for college are invited to join us! We have various volunteer opportunities that we can tailor to the student's needs.
Interested students can apply by emailing a Letter of Interest, including their previous theatre experience, future goals, and areas of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "High School Volunteering."