Premiere the Play, The Podcast
Submissions Now Open!
Coming Spring 2021, Premiere the Play is a podcast featuring dramatic readings of new stage plays.
Submissions are now open for our first season!
DEADLINE: October 23rd, 2020.
- Our goal is to fill our season with diversity, so all topics, time periods, cultures, etc. are welcome.
- English, however, must be the main language.
- The play must be an unproduced STAGE play (not radio play, screen play, or zoom play)
- The play should run no less than 30 mins and no more than 2 hours
- Maximum cast size of 6
- No musicals... yet...
- Stage directions that provide essential information will be included in the reading so they must be clean and clear.
The plays will be chosen on a BLIND BASIS: All identifying information about the playwright will be removed before the play is distributed to our Play Selection Committee, thus ensuring that the plays are chosen based on the work itself and not the gender, race, age, etc. of the playwright.
Once chosen, each play will be cast, rehearsed, and recorded. The recordings will only be used on the podcast and for promotional purposes. No compensation will be given to the playwright, however, on each episode, we will encourage producers to contact us if they are interested in producing the work. We will then connect the playwright with interested potential producers.
As a theatre company with youth programs, our goal is for at least 50% of the season to not include explicit language.
To submit, email the following to email@example.com:
- The complete script with the playwright’s identifying information only on the title page
- A full Character Breakdown
- A synopsis
- The playwright’s name, address, email address, and phone number (won’t be seen by the Selection Committee)